Energetics of Flow: Addressing Blocks to the Flow of Energy Series
Livestream Event: December 7, 2023 8:00-9:30 p.m. Eastern Time
CEUs: 1.5 NCCAOM/California APPROVED
FOR PRACTITIONERS and SELF-CULTIVATORS
The 12 Primary Channels form an unbroken circuit of energy flowing throughout your body, beginning with the Lungs and ending with the Liver’s Gate of Hope. Each day when your spirit chooses to hope for a new dawn and draw another breath at Lung 1, you embark on this journey anew. This energy flow is paramount for optimal health. However, it can be easily disrupted by blockages in the meridian network caused by injuries, stress, emotional upset, or the entry of Xie qi (not true qi) from our external surroundings.
In Chinese Medicine, maintaining a smooth flow of qi in the meridians is widely recognized as a fundamental objective. When qi becomes stagnant or encounters obstacles to flow, the body’s optimal functioning is hindered, potentially leading to a general sense of discomfort that may be undiagnosable at first, but will eventually lead to various identifiable health issues.
Qi blocks may on the surface seem harmless enough, however, they often result in unusual physical symptoms and some type of emotional upset. We have given each of these types of blocks a humorous nickname that clients can associate with and recognize if they ever return.
Here’s an example: When someone has what we call “chest oppression,” they often feel like a cinder block is sitting on the chest. This symptoms often comes with a sense of deep frustration or anger. We’ve nicknamed this block, the “Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em” block after the old toy commercial of the same name. Once this block is cleared, patients often take a deep breath and feel their chests open up. Their emotional states often improve quickly. Other simple signs of the restoration of qi flow, like the color of their countenance and the brightness in their eyes improves as well.
Once you discover the effectiveness of these simple treatments, you may find that a big percentage of simple complaints of dis-ease in a person are more easily remedied.
Clearing Channel blocks involves first assessing the pulses and then the signs and symptoms. Then treatment focuses on using entry and exit points to direct the qi flow through the channels.
While these approaches are not commonly taught in TCM or CCM schools, many practitioners have embraced them with remarkable results. In our discussion, we will delve into the energetic principles behind needling methods and explore non-needle energetic methods that can be applied both at home and with clients who prefer non-needle approaches.
Although this class is primarily designed for acupuncturists, practitioners from various other disciplines and even those without prior practice experience can also gain valuable insights from the non-needle energetic methods we will be covering.
Consider taking this class because it offers significant benefits for your practice:
- New Methods: You’ll learn new treatment protocols that can make a big difference in your healing approach.
- Deeper Understanding of Channel Energetics: Adding to the basic curriculum taught in most TCM acupuncture schools, this class goes into a more mystical approach to understanding energetics and channel flow that every practitioner should know.
- Innovative Approaches: The class focuses on non-needle methods like energetic acupressure, which can be useful in cases involving children or clients who fear needles.
- Practice Enhancement: Implementing these treatments can expand the conditions you can treat effectively, boosting client satisfaction and the overall effectiveness of your practice.
- Expert Instruction: With over 20 years of experience in esoteric and Alchemical Chinese Medicine, Leta Herman will share her practical insights to improve your skills directly.
Who should take this class?
- Practitioners interested in a channel energetics approach to healing (acupuncturists, acupressurists, medical qigong and other energywork practitioners)
- Practitioners who are focused on the psycho-emotional aspects of treatment
- Practitioners and students who would like to expand their treatment toolbox for difficult patient cases
- Anyone who has an intense curiosity about energetic healing
- Practitioners who are looking for alternative methods for treating mysterious illness that doesn’t fit into conventional Western medical viewpoint or TCM principles