CEUs: 5 NCCAOM and California CEUs APPROVED
Part Two of the Becoming an Alchemical Healer Series
Alchemical Healing requires that a practitioner cultivate a level of presence in the treatment room that enables the client to undergo deep and vulnerable transformation. Leta Herman and Jaye McElroy bring you this Advanced Five Element class from the perspective of Alchemical Healing.
In this class we will move beyond the basic Five Element acupuncture idea of Color, Sound, Odor, and Emotion (CSOE) to a much deeper understanding of both diagnostic techniques but also the usage of the Five Elements to spiritually meet a patient so they feel seen and understood.
Discover a deeper approach to the patient/practitioner relationship…
Alchemy requires the highest level of presence in the treatment room. We call this Professional Rapport and Intimacy. In Alchemical Healing, deep transformation requires a willingness on the person’s part to become extremely vulnerable. This means we have to set up and hold a space with absolutely no judgment for our clients. Our Five Element Energetics also need to match the person we’re working with. This class will help you understand how to communicate with your clients (or another person) in a way that they can feel completely safe so they can do their work.
Specifically, this class will focus on the following tips and strategies:
- Rapport and Intimacy defined and how to create it
- Fluency in all 5 Elements (how to speak the language of each Element)
- How each Element thinks (and how to think like they do!)
- Elemental biases (what are yours and how to keep them out of the treatment room)
- Elemental motivations (what each Element fundamentally wants)
- Elemental stresses (we often see the Elements in stress)
- Elemental fears
- How to create Rapport and Professional Intimacy in Alchemical Treatments
Alchemy is a fundamental aspect of early Chinese Medicine. Ancient master healers like Ge Hong and Sun Si Miao developed Alchemical healing protocols, like the Thirteen Ghost Points and the Nine Stages of Alchemy, that focus on realizing each being’s full potential rather than simply healing illness.
Alchemical Healing is a unique approach to healing that focuses on both the client and the practitioner’s transformational process. The Master Alchemy Program will help you embark on your personal journey towards your own radical transformation – a path of self-cultivation, self-exploration, facing and letting go of past traumas, and so much more… It taps into your innate potential to go deeper into the Mystery of Life both personally and then with clients.
In order to provide this level of work, we must become skilled in assessing the true nature of our patients and then connecting to them in a way that they feel truly understood. This level of understanding is verbal and energetic. It’s about connecting the circle of your Five Element energetics within yourself, understanding the correlation of the Nine Palaces to ascertain a person’s destiny path, and then calling upon these theories to create deeper levels of professional rapport and intimacy with patients. This method can provide an incredible backdrop to helping a person embrace Alchemical transformation.
This Becoming an Alchemical Healer series contains all the fundamental building blocks for becoming an Alchemical Healer and is a prerequisite for all other Master Alchemy Program intensives, Advanced Studies, and the Master Alchemy Apprenticeship Program.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this class:
- What is professional rapport and intimacy and how can it be utilized in Alchemical Healing
- What are the languages of Each Element and how do they think
- Identifying your potential Elemental biases interfering with your patient/practitioner relationship
- Understanding the motivations, stresses and fears of each Elemental type
- Using this wisdom for creating a better patient/practitioner relationship that promotes vulnerability and deeper levels of understanding
Who should take this class?
- Practitioners interested in incorporating Alchemical Healing approaches into their practice (acupuncturists, acupressurists, medical qigong and other energywork practitioners)
- Practitioners who are focused on the psycho-emotional aspects of treatment
- Practitioners and students who would like to expand their treatment toolbox for difficult patient cases
- Anyone who has an intense curiosity about emotional healing
This course is approved by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 1735 for 4 hours of continuing education.